Saturday, April 5, 2014

Where are you at - this Easter?


I knew God was real...

 I knew about him . . . Year after year I would sit in church and think,
 “God where are you? 
Why am I here? 
What is the purpose of life??”  
It's what Jesus did, on the day we celebrate as Easter, that made it possible for me to have a personal relationship with the Holy God of the Bible. 
It's Jesus Christ's blood, His sacrificial death on the cross AND the fact that God rose Him from that death!

On August 26, 1984 
I bowed my knee, confessed I was a sinner - making Jesus my Lord and my Savior.  

God touched me there, made Himself real! I know what I was and who I am and He loves me anyways. He is faithful to show me and change me. Really I have never been the same since!
I now understand the real meaning of Easter! 

I believe there are a lot of people like me, that want to know their Creator better, but are ignorant, mislead or confused. 
I believe I can make a difference in other peoples lives by telling them the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! 

Romans 10:9 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

It's more than believing. It's living what I believe. 

Don’t believe what others say, go directly to the source. Pick up the Bible, 
(a great place to start, read the gospel of John).
 Even if you’ve sat in church for your whole life, tell Jesus you want to know Him personally. Don’t let anything get in your way – not the imperfect church, not your own prejudices, not false teachers, not your own personal fears. Something within you rises up at the hope that there is a God in heaven. Don’t let that hope go unexplored. 
Get to Jesus.

Seek Him this Easter ... CC April 2014

John 11:25 - Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Romans 1:4 - And declared [to be] the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: 



The Resurrection of Christ;


Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures
1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (NIV)


This post was inspired as I was reading a few thought and writings of other - namely C.S.Lewis. 



...Some people are living a life marked by unrelenting sorrows, following religious rules with no understanding and no hope of finding life within those rules. Some are enjoying an outwardly satisfying life but inwardly knowing no joy, no hope, no meaning. Some are facing a future of escalating physical limitation...Source: C.S.Lewis 


All photos are mine, I used Fotor to add & edit. 


2 comments: