Friday, May 16, 2014

Mourning doves... the enemy!

So I was thinking,  after I came in from my morning battle -
I wonder what my neighbors think? I'm hoping they laugh.

Picture this silly american lady, just out of the shower, dressed,
but barefoot with my hair still wrapped in a towel.
It's raining and chilly, and I'm standing outside
clapping, hissing and throwing a pop up under the over hang... 

The cunning culprits; they do not fly to far away...waiting to return
The nest building material 

I have been in a battle for ownership of my outside sitting area. I have never liked pigeons, but I detest these mourning doves, aka pigeons. Here called golub or žalosti golubica. Either name they are ridiculous, annoying, really, really messy and so far impossible to get rid of!
I have been in a battle all spring,
but Now it's a full out war!!
Before it was just a few feathers, some poop and a couple broken eggs.
NOW they are trying to build nest under the house overhang, right where I sit. also where the front door is ... yuck!
The battle area! 
This really is an uphill battle. I have read "Mourning doves are birds that can accommodate in almost every climate condition.” and this encouraging piece of info "As you have discovered, they can create quite a mess in your yard, including building nests on fans, light fixtures or ledges on your house. Dove nests do tend to be very flimsy, and you probably find smashed eggs all over the yard. They can nest as much as seven times a summer; even though they lay only two eggs at a time, they're pretty prolific." Great 7 times, each nest, each set of golubovi 
So when I'm home, like today - I spray, throw pops, and hiss, because they are very crafty, cunning, wily, guileful, devious, sly, scheming, designing, calculating; that is to say they are the enemy!

My weapons: pops, spray bottle, and nest eliminator

So when you need a chuckle, think of my war, 
realize how laughable, absurd, comical, funny, hilarious, risible, droll, amusing, farcical, ludicrous, foolish, insane, stupid, idiotic, illogical, irrational, senseless, silly, inane, harebrained, ridiculous, preposterous ... these scenarios really are.
But I am determined to win, so if any of you do know a better way, let me know!  CC
Make my day!






3 comments:

  1. Oh come on! I want to see the video of you throwing poppers at the pigeons! Tommy must have caught some of it on camera?! You made me laugh - I'll be praying that you win. A cat might keep them away - but that would be worse than having the birds! Keep your hat on ;-)
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, no video yet! T is the one that made me the nest eliminator thou. There are plenty of neighborhood cats that do stop by, but I'm telling you these devils are sly...they just wait us all out, and then fly back in. I think I shall refrain from towel head though, just incase the neighbors are watching.

      Delete