Tuesday, January 7, 2014

What no Starbucks!

        Okay, so we all know how much I love coffee, good, hot, black, coffee...
Coffee in Croatia - Kuva
 So here in Croatia, in every city, town and village, drinking coffee is huge. All year long, any time day or night you can drink coffee. The shops spill out into the streets. Outside they are tucked in almost every ally, every square and they line most of the main streets... In summer they have big umbrellas and in winter some add heaters and others blankets for your laps. Inside they are in every Mall, most stores, and even attached to homes.

 We have enjoyed many cups in many different places. This time of year, I truly enjoy going to the center of Zagreb, (it has the most o/s seating to choose from and there are always plenty of people to watch!). I do like to sit outside in the cold and if i get the seat right under the heater I really love it.


Mali
 The only problem...it's not American coffee...
Not bad, just not a large black coffee!
 It's mostly espresso and cappuccino...

One of the first appliances we bought was a drip coffee maker and when we go out, I'm learning to like foam in my coffee.

And then Nick came to visit!!!! Not only did he bring Starbucks coffee, my sister sent TO GO cups too! I was so happy I added some (used ones) to my outside Christmas decorations!



Christmas to go!
 So ya I miss hot black coffee,
Starbucks, and a few others, just a little...
  But I love the coffee culture here!

And although I could not redeem my free birthday cup of coffee from Starbucks, I still have a few scoops of the ground stuff and some TO GO cups.

(I still have my gold card too!)

Thanks Maureen and Nick xoxo



Empty Starbucks to go in the back of the car

6 comments:

  1. One of the hardest adjustments I've made is coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading and commenting Rosilnd and for the vote of confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you started a blog! it will be fun to be able to see what you guys are up to!
    I have said the same thing so many times.. its not bad, just... different!
    all part of the adventure I guess!

    can't wait to see you! xo Carly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carly, Thanks for posting! I'm really looking forward to seeing u in Feb. and can't wait to hold Jason.
      xocc

      Delete
  4. I am following your blog now, Christine! Actually the first blog I've ever followed. Lol! I love your style of writing and the awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete