Monday, October 13, 2014

Gypsies

Every word of God proves true;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.  
Proverbs 30:5
Project Life ministry takes the gospel into Roma villages. This week I had the privilege to go with a team to a small village about an hour north of Zagreb.


Some 10 to 12 million Roma people live in Europe -- They have lived here for over 1,000 years -- and have been ostracized, persecuted and suppressed as gypsies for centuries. The Roma are Europe's biggest minority -- and remain the Continent's unwanted people.  

quoted from 2/2014 (January 6, 2013) 
of DER SPIEGEL.




   You have commanded us To keep Your precepts diligently.

Blessed are those who seek the Lord with their whole heart!
Oh God, let me not wander from Your commandments!

How can a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed according to Your word.
 With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.
 Blessed are You, O Lord!
Teach me Your statutes.
 With my lips I have declared
All the judgments of Your mouth.
 I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies,
As much as in all riches.
 I will meditate on Your precepts,
And contemplate Your ways.
 I will delight myself in Your statutes

I will not forget Your word
Psalms 119:6-16


For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you 
and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11



 I really enjoyed seeing the impact this group is having and meeting many precious people!  
 God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment